03-31-2026, 02:06 PM
So I've had my Tiguan for about three years now and overall it's been pretty solid, but over the last month it's started doing this thing where the infotainment screen will just go black for a few seconds while I'm driving and then reboot itself. At first I thought maybe it was just a software glitch but now the parking sensors are acting up too, beeping randomly when there's nothing around. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that it might be something electrical deeper in the system rather than just a loose connection. I took it to one shop and they said they'd need to keep it for a few days just to run diagnostics because their generic scanner wasn't picking up much, which made me realize I probably need to find somewhere that actually has the proper VW diagnostic equipment. I've been looking for volkswagen car repair specialists who deal with these electrical issues regularly because I feel like chasing electrical gremlins without the right tools is just going to end up costing me a fortune in trial and error. Has anyone else dealt with intermittent electrical problems on the Tiguan? Curious if it turned out to be something simple like a battery issue or if it ended up being a module that needed replacing. Really hoping it's not going to be a massive headache.

